The Orders of Shadows

The Magistrate of the Tempest

Premesi
    Co-Admin

The Magistrate of the Tempest

Post  Premesi on Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:48 pm

The lance of jade would pierce the earth, to find a humble decor along the skyline of the outer wall of Arelith. Inside it's chambers, the streams of emerald and amethyst line the atrium. It served office and abode to the Tempest, Lady Ardyen Marie Exodus , daughter of the late Lady Isabelle. The Elven Legacy and first Magistrate of the Order.
    Ardyen
    Co-Admin

Re: The Magistrate of the Tempest

Post  Ardyen on Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:43 pm

Within the marbled corridors of the second story, The Tempest fussed with the pillows on the four poster bed in shades of emerald and gold. The wood that stood elegantly in the large bed chamber was of cherry oak. Ardyen's lips curled into a lovely smile as she smoothed the spread. Her large belly brushed against the soft feather mattress. Blue silk chiffon draped around her frame in a delicate empire waist gown. The three tiers of beads at her shoulders held as straps and the emerald drops swung playfully at her ears. Deep chocolate curls were pulled into a ponytail and a thick braid wrapped around like a crown.

Pregnancy seemed to suit the elf as her cheeks were rosey and skin was glowing. She jumped guiltly when her bedroom doors opened. She straightened and turned to meet the unapproving eyes of the maid that had been hired to take some of the work load off the now very pregnant Mrs. Exodus. The woman shook her head and set off in the same conversation had several times a day.
    "Mrs. Exodus," the maid began.

Ardyen cut in, "Olivia, I told you to call me Ardyen."

Olivia sighed heavily and shook her head, "Ardyen then, you really musn't strain yourself with such trivial things."

Ardyen simply smiled, "I wasn't doing anything."

Olivia shook her head, "Now, Mrs. Ex- I mean, Ardyen."

"Olivia, please," the elf interrupted again, "I was just smoothing the spread. Nothing strenuous. I promise," she added as Olivia opened her mouth the chide again.

"Very well, Ardyen." Olivia scooped up a discarded gown and scooted out the door again.

Ardyen laughed as the door closed behind her help. She gave a longing glance towards the delicate white cradle. The elaborate blanket was nestled within it was of ruby silk and white lace, a small tribute to the child's father. The soon to be mother hugged herself as she wandered out the double doors of the chamber. Carefully closing the doors behind her, she wandered down the spiral staircase to her office.

Post  Alexandria on Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:29 pm

*Ardyen's chambermaid had lifted several garments and exited the chamber, her stout figure suddenly wobbled when her footing faltered. A boisterous cry from her lips before toppling forwards and into the support of the Maelstrom's forearm. Tendrils of ebony poured over the features of the fairer sex when she clutched the handful of clothing before placing the attendant upon her feet once more. Obsidian armor adjusted to place when Alexandria stood up once more offering a smile across crimson tiers, the maiden's rounded pupils to widen.*

"Oh my! Forgive my clumsiness Lady Alexandria..I should have known my footing better.."

*The woman bowed low before the Magistress placed a palm upon her shoulder. A light chuckle to beckon from the lips as oriental dialects poured from her lips.*

"There is nothing to apologize for..You needn't bow in my presence, I have entrusted you to watch over Lady Exodus and for that I am humbly grateful to you..."

*The femme nodded to confirm her words of thanks before stepping beside the woman leaving her stunned by the Maelstrom's presence. Gauntlets came to knock upon the mahogany doors as she awaited the angelic melody of Ardyen's voice to meet her ears.*

Post  Ardyen on Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:02 pm

Ardyen had nestled herself on the rich gold velvet chaise lounge. Thrown over her legs was a bold blue knit blanket. Her head raised from the letter she'd been reading. Eyes went to the door across the room.

"Come in," she called out to her visitor.

The aged parchment settled in her lap. A pale ivory hand pushed at the curls on her shoulder. Lips curled upwards as the door eased open. Breeze played with the lace curtains around the long open windows. Bursts of oranges, pinks and golds painted the evening sky. Flames flickered in their crystal homes. The room was done in jewel tones and warm woods. The furniture was curvy and feminine. Flora graced nearly every flat surface. Glass French doors were open and lead to a small balcony. The soft sounds of the distant city soothed the elf during her periods alone.

Post  Alexandria on Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:52 pm

*Brilliant variations would pour through the doorway, slivers of color enveloping the woman's form. Onyx armor captured in the glare of the illuminating atmosphere when Alexandria stepped into the office. Lips to curve apart into a smile when she bowed before her dearest comrade. Tresses having been curled into a braid that poured tendrils down her shoulders as she straightened to step towards the blossoming fae.*

"..You look amazing Ardyen..your presence never ceases to calm the scarred soul..how are you fairing?..The little one?.."

*Brows lifted in light concern for mother and child as she approached, Gloves to draw away to free the porcelain skin beneath when she opened her arms to take the elf into a embrace.*

Post  Ardyen on Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:14 pm

Ivory skin glowed in pleasure at the face of her visitor. Fingers clutched at the blanket and pulled it away. Letter, forgotten, settled onto the elongated cushion. Bare feet hit the floor as Ardyen eased herself off the plush lounge. Dimples deepened in her rosy cheeks as she smiled.

"Alexandria! What a wonderful surprise!!" Ardyen strolled over to her, closing the distance. With her size, she waddled just a bit. Arms wrapped around her dear friend and she murmured to her, "We are both doing just fine. The little one is feeling restless. Come, come. Sit."

She gestured to the set of chairs next to the long windows that were meant for times just like these. In shades of gold and emerald, the velvet seating was both practical and inviting.

"Can I get you something? I have tea brewed. It's still warm."

The elven mother rubbed a hand over her round stomach. Blue chiffon moved slightly with the motion. A soft hiss of breath escaped as the little one kicked within her. Her smile widened and she crooned to her child.

"It's okay, little one. You'll be here soon." Fingers stroked again.

Post  Alexandria on Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:58 pm

*Observing the fae brighten at her appearance, Alexandria allowed her smile to widen briefly when she took Ardyen into her arms. Hugging her close, the femme was cautious when she stepped back to lightly press her palm upon the Tempest's belly.*

"That is so good to hear...I cannot fathom my excitement when the little one arrives.."

*The Magistress followed Ardyen's invitation to the scenic area, soft cushions to beckon her when she took the blossoming mother's palm and assisted her to one of the chairs before seating herself.*

"Oh no, thank you but I have just left my men at the tavern and would heard complaints if I did not partake in the brew...I knew times may call me away shortly and so I wanted to see how you were before my duties claim hold of me once more.."

*Alexandria took a moment to watch through the paneled glass as the kingdom of Arelith reached into the mountains. Palm laid to rest beneath her chin before she studied her companion while conversed with her bustling life.*

"..Have you thought of names?..I know you must be overjoyed at the prospect of being a mother..after all that history has brought unto you..it is a blessing to see you well and brimming with life..."

Post  Alexandria on Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:59 pm

*Observing the fae brighten at her appearance, Alexandria allowed her smile to widen briefly when she took Ardyen into her arms. Hugging her close, the femme was cautious when she stepped back to lightly press her palm upon the Tempest's belly.*

"That is so good to hear...I cannot fathom my excitement when the little one arrives.."

*The Magistress followed Ardyen's invitation to the scenic area, soft cushions to beckon her when she took the blossoming mother's palm and assisted her to one of the chairs before seating herself.*

"Oh no, thank you but I have just left my men at the tavern and would heard complaints if I did not partake in the brew...I knew times may call me away shortly and so I wanted to see how you were before my duties claim hold of me once more.."

*Alexandria took a moment to watch through the paneled glass as the kingdom of Arelith reached into the mountains. Palm laid to rest beneath her chin before she studied her companion while conversed with her bustling life.*

"..Have you thought of names?..I know you must be overjoyed at the prospect of being a mother..after all that history has brought unto you..it is a blessing to see you well and brimming with life..."

Post  Ardyen on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:53 pm

Upon the friends objection, she followed her to the seating area. Hand on her lower back and with the helping hand, Ardyen lowered herself into one of the wide, cozy chairs. Fingers traced the swirled pattern on the arm of the chair absently. Emeralds studied the face of a friend. Soft breaths eased out of the cupids bow mouth.

"I'm so glad you did come by. I've missed you."

As the child settled to sleep, Ardyen glanced up again at her companion. The soft glow of the setting sun only illuminated the warmth in the blushing ivory. Tendrils of chocolate spilled over her shoulder and the cascade of blue shuffled as the mother to be shifted in her seat.

"Of course, only a million times over," laughter bubbled out of her as she shook her head. Emeralds encased in white gold glittered at softly pointed ears. "But, we haven't settled on a name for either sex. We want to consult Dominii about focusing her premonitions on the gender of the baby before we decide on names."

Post  Alexandria on Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:23 am

*The Maelstrom extended a glance through the wide panes while listening contently to Ardyen's joyous response. At the mention of Domini, the femme turned her chin towards her companion.*

"Ah yes, I had forgotten what gifts she may bestow...such a powerful being, it is only the fates that have made allies out of our brethren.." *A nod affirmed the marksman who had become a close-knit family of sorts.*

*Just then, Alexandria furled a fist just as a platoon of soldiers made their march through the streets.*"..My only desire is that the little one grow in a world without turmoil..and as such, I will do all it takes to ensure that peace.."*Brows furrowed as the femme recalled her bittersweet childhood before leaning inward to clasp Ardyens small palm.*

"...I have vowed that no harm will come to your child...but as such is my position, I may not be here every moment to act as their shield..so.."*Words slipped free before the Maelstrom produced a single leather bound box that she offered to the fae.*

Post  Ardyen on Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:45 am

Elegant digits wrapped around the offered to her. She balanced it on the top of her rounded belly.

"If the peace will not cooperate then at least my little thumper will have all the love and the best family anyone could ask for. It makes a difference," she murmured compassionately to her friend.

"Having you around makes a difference, shield or not. You are the little darling's aunt, in every way that matters," Ardyen gave the terrifyingly beautiful fae's hand a gentle squeeze. A brow raised in question as she turned her attention to the leather bound box. Emeralds were doused in an unusual confusion. Leather was peeled away and set aside. Lid was removed with the care that would be given to the finest china. At the contents, the Tempest turned to Alexandria.

"Now, tell me, my dearest sister. What is this all about?"

Post  Alexandria on Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:07 pm

*Within the small container, an intricate pendant glimmered brilliantly from where it sat. A delicately carved stone had been set in the frame of an orchid. Its variance in color could not be measured as it seemed to reflect Ardyen's assured delight in a soft hum of ivy. A gold bridled chain seemed slightly to small for the fae's slender neck and better suited for one of a much younger age. If brought from its perch, the silhouette of the flower would spin slowly to reveal several symbols engraved within the fortified metal.

Alexandria watched the pendant give its debut shortly before leaning inward to close the Tempest's palm over the piece of jewelry. A light smile presented in the stead of her small gift.*

"..This is a very rare stone...and it harbors something that can only be unleashed if the bearer comes under great peril. It took several skilled magi to craft and sustain the unstable magicks that birthed the element...I would humbly request that your child adorn this necklace to keep her further protected and shielded from the forces that even Lord Domitrix may not forsee..."

Post  Ardyen on Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:25 pm

Ardyen brushed the delicate petals with fleshy tips. "It's stunning and very thoughtful. Thank you, Alexandria, from the bottom of my heart. If she is anything like me, she'll adore it. Sh.."

In her mind, a still shot of a small girl with bold silver tresses and large mossy green eyes, dressed in a ruffled gown of green satin. Acres of garden surrounded her as the toddler plucked petals off a cheerful daisy.

Eyes came up from the gift, shimmering with tears. "Did I just say She? Wait..Did you just say she?" Digits wrapped around the gift as her frame turned. "How..? No, why did you say she?" Ardyen sighed a breath, laden with excitement. The elf settled the gift into the box again. She turned to her companion. "Do you know something I do not?"

Post  Alexandria on Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:24 pm

*The Maelstrom found herself speechless as Ardyen stirred in slight confusion. Her own words had been spoken with a vague image of the family clutched together. Mother and Father enraptured in one small little girl. Alexandria brought a calming touch to her companion's palm in order to ease her sudden slip of the tongue.*

"..I have only my mistaken words to blame M'Lady...It only came natural to make such a presumptuous statement...and it seems I was not the only soul to place some stock in the lineage of women in Arelith..Afterall, I was an only daughter born to a loving mother..just as you were Ardyen..."

*Words came with a gentle dialect as she offered a light smile towards her host.*"..Please stay your heart,...I have heard many a tale of mothers-to-be enchanted by images of their children before their birth in this realm..."

Post  Ardyen on Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:42 pm

Forehead wrinkled and mouth bunched to the left. Chest lifted in heavy sigh and her delicate features smoothed. Fingers squeezed and released.

"Of course, just a slip of words. Excuse my excited assumption, my friend." Ardyen patted Alexandria's porcelain arm. "I am need to get in contact with Domi," the elf paused as the little one squirmed restlessly. "Soon."

Ardyen turned on her mega-watt smile. "So, tell me. What's going on in our lovely city? What's going on in your life?"

Post  Alexandria on Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:40 pm

*At the mention of the stability of their fine kingdom, the Maelstrom sat in a posture of unrest. One gauntlet rising to meet its fellow within her lap when Alexandria returned her gaze to the view below. Flora seemed to covet her companion's very abode as most of the buildings were pillars of trees and vines. Beyond, the femme knew this tranquility could not fully claim Arelith until the last of its barricades fell to the blades and shields of her walls.*

"Well...I have been quite reclusive to my duties as of late...as Magistrate and Overseer of the Gallows it is imperative that my attentions do not wane. I have not taken such a delightful respite from my responsibilities for some time now..it is rather nice..I will be joining Premesi to extend any reports of the pressing concerns of our Lord Exodus...and likewise...As such I will journey "

*The woman's fingers furled into her palm as she contemplated just a day when her fellow brethren would come together in an era of chaotic peace and longevity.*

Post  Ardyen on Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:37 am

Ardyen sighed uneasily. "Premesi and yourself always take on such danger, and so frequently. I know. I know," she murmured before Alexandria could protest. Her hands flew up so her finger tips were pointing skyward. "It is your duty. But, still, I worry. For you. For him." Hands intertwined in her lap. "I only wish that I could be of more help and of course, for your safety. "

Post  Domitrix on Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:56 pm

The song of the swallow reached the borders of the hallway, stretching it's hymn down. Sinking the echoes of a deathly beautiful melody crying out from wall to wall as the onyx heeled greaves ushered the music into the fathoms that boxed in the entrance of the Magistrate.

His obsidian hood was overcast upon matching pauldrons of this silent storm. Tresses of borderline platinum sierra mirroring the lack luster lighting, whose embrace remained present from the canopies of the ceiling.

Empyreal's first notion eased the harmless espionage of rich firebrick gaze to curl around the edge of the doorway as neighboring Sentinel vessel pressed the entrance ajar for the demon. Two paths divided and swung idly before his demeanor. Warmth twist of a gaze initially targetted his beautiful wife in the glow of her maternity before switching to the Shield of Arelith at her near side.

There resided an absence of query or comment in his first trek into the large atrium.

Post  Ardyen on Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:36 pm

With cocoa tendrils wrapped around digits,the delicate ivory face turned automatically to the direction of the noise. Features lit up at the massive obsidian enshrouded figure.

"My love," the blooming elf exclaimed in sheer joy.

Ardyen eased herself from the antique chair to greet her beloved. Emeralds warmed as she made her way to him. Her movement was more like a waddle rather than a graceful stroll because of her balloning stomach. Dimples peeked at rosy cheeks and the elf beamed up at her husband.

"Hi!!"

Post  Domitrix on Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:26 pm

"I wished to come as a dove of evening, my love." fangs pinged in the light, the four finely sharpened incisors, just before bowing his head to the Magistress of the Maelstrom in full acknowledgement.

"One short of the girls of the Order." eyes littled a bit as cheeks would climb in a seldom smile, finding the Elf's walk very adorable in her nature. In which, he did not wish for her to travel such a distance, the spacey Magistrates may sometimes birth conflict to the conceiving.

Instead, heels of onyx greaves paced forward to enclose the virgin distance not yet approached by the Tempest, to greet her frame with open arms. Without much effort, the Shinto daikatana gomai eased to the rear retreat of his hip without touch. To ensure they did not cause harm to her belly as the two eventually met.

"I was in absence of whatevermost conversation you two may have had before my arrival. But from the depths of our beloved Alexandria's stormcasts, I believe a thank you is deserved. I know not why, in full, but it has been quite the eon since the last time my instincts betrayed my wishes... And you." visage switched back to Ardyen, "You resemble the dream of an angel enveloped in your porcelain form. How are you. My apologies, it has been too many hours."

Post  Ardyen on Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:23 am

Ardyen nestled herself in his embrace, fingers laced at his back. She allowed herself a moment to bask in his presence; taking in his scent, the shape of his form, the warmth, the sound of his slow breathing. Emeralds disappeared behind veils of ivory as her head lay gently against his chest. Soft fans of black rose as the wife of the demon stole a look at the face of her beloved.

"There is always a reason to thank our friend. She is forever helping. She brought our little angel a gift of protection."

As if hearing the conversation, the new life inside the elf kicked. Through her teeth, a quick inhale was taken and her delicate visage wrinkled briefly in discomfort. A hand dropped automatically from the previous embrace to rub her swollen belly.

"Shhh, now darling," she crooned quietly before speaking again to her mate.

"We are doing well. The little one has been very active today. Must've known we'd have special visitors," she beamed, "It has been far too many."

Post  Alexandria on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:03 pm

*Vigilant optics would purge from the fairer sex, in adoration of the presence that marked the halls. Soldiers to beckon aside his great stature when Lord Domitrix received the rise from her cushioned chair. One arm to cross the threshold of armored breast when Alexandria knelt forwards in admiration of Throne of Arelith.*

"..Your flattery is far to benevolent for one undeserving of such praise and compliment..Gratitude for your kind words..their measure is never full repaid I fear..but I wished only to offer this enchanted trinket in thought of your little one..who seems most pressed to introduce herself.."

*A light grin to furnish upon painted tiers as the Maelstrom regarded the two and the eternal bond forged between. One-being of unfathomable strengths and beauty uncharted. Having gathered an encroaching stare, Alexandria took glimpse of the last slivers of daylight. Gauntlets to clasp upon themselves in a momentary reflection before she spoke once more.*

"...Casting vision upon you both uplifts my spirit to heights ever soaring..when there can truly be a balance of chaos and peace I would hope to share the fruits of our endeavors and be as one breath within Arelith's body..I wish only to stand beside my brethren in joyous occasion when at last we might sheath our blades and find respite in our Kingdom.."

Post  Domitrix on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:46 pm

"Yes, respite." shot a faint glance between the two femme of inhabittance. The gesture would stream an experienced and aforementioned expression of recluse, somewhat.

"The docks grow busy with ships. All of the signatures request embarkment to the farther regions of our most notorious of foreign affairs. And some of which have been ordered to settle the dusting weed of domestic... occurrences." A light blink then attached itself to the epilogue of the speech as cinnabars skated down along the reflective floorlining.

"Phoenix, The Infernal Avion, is the next beast on the list. I want to take this momentum to carve a swift return to Arelith, one of which may be spent on a week or two in the company of my fairest accomplices and my bethrothed. Perhaps with a decent exposition of the prettier Rhemasis frontiers, just before the following Mark Hunt undergoes. Or mayhap a first taste at this, Basilard location, that the skeptics continue to mention. I've still to set foot in that place."

Male's vibrant visage switched betwixt the spaces of the aura of honour and loyalty, and the aura of life next to his own, "My visit here was a word before I set cloud towards our destination come of the morrow."

Post  Ardyen on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:09 am

Magnolia skin wrinkled between the brows in brief disappointment of having her mate leave so soon before it smoothed over in the shame of putting her wants before the needs of the people. The emotions quickly slipped off her face and were tucked away before a slender hand slipped over the gauntlet covered hand of the demon, a gesture of support and affection. Ardyen chewed her bottom lip as she listened to the demon make his announcement, grabbed to the hope of the vacation of sorts he mentioned and when he'd finished, emerald optics peered upwards. Wild coils of chocolate tumbled down her back as her visage tilted to make up for the inches that separated them in height.

Naked lips were pressed together before a voice of warm honey seeped from the elf in the form of an inquiry, "Is there anything I can do to help?" She shifted her position and ran her free hand over the side of her belly to soothe the pain from their child's restless movements. The discomfort of the kicking was accompanied by the slow exhalation of a breath. "Anything at all? I feel more than a bit useless at this point." The cupid's bow mouth curved upwards in a slightly apologetic smile. Her free hand smoothed the fabric of the gown before tucking itself into one of the pockets that was hidden within the build of the dress.

Post  Domitrix on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:27 pm

A smile crept along the edge of pursed lip at seldom indication of shallow disappointment, "You know, my dear, combat or active duty are not the only forms of usefulness. There are many functions that partake behind the naked scenes of battle that are very important to us. After all, the men and women who dedicate their trades for the support of the Order are the real heroes. Sure the Marksmen and soldiers risk their lives, but in the end, death is a part of living."

Hood's trim waved as if a motioned sea of singular gesture as maw paved a path of sight towards the Maelstrom, "In all things we cherish, equilibrium is the law of the universe. In the end, we are beings that borrow the energy to live from the planet. There comes a day where we must return it, for as our pioneers in science have discovered, energy is neither created nor destroyed."

An eventual baring hand released of its plated confines pressed a warm naked palm against belly of Tempest, "We see ourselves as keepers of justice. The good side, the right people... That is only a general concept. A complete balance is made up of both life and death themselves. Good and evil, as other lesser intunes may view it."

The life felt so pure at his touch, a language forever untainted by speech. One that every living creature knew all too well, deep down in their heart of hearts, "Marks provide the same exact mission. That is why we are the Order, to ensure that killing does not run abundance over life. And we are responsible for both, to give life, and equally take it away. But above all else. Protect."

Lips fell shut after a momentary finale, quite elegantly with still noticeable brandishing of might and luster.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:01 pm