The Orders of Shadows

The Magistrate of Shadows

Admin
    Admin

The Magistrate of Shadows

Post  Admin on Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:13 am

Here lies the center of the Order. As well as the Wheel of Judgement in the Judgement Chambers. It serves as parliament for those with questions and suggestions. Here is where the Bounty Marks are assigned and inparchmented. This is home to Lord Domitrix and the Order's Sentinels. The walls are tainted with the purest of obsidians. Threshold through the double-door design, the top bordered by a beautifully sculpted Shinto Gate enigma with the words "The Way of the Gods" engraved across it's center mast.

Domitrix

Re: The Magistrate of Shadows

Post  Domitrix on Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:56 pm

Papers were switched around and about as if the dealing of cards was at hand. The sun rained in through the window facing the barren plains of Eldralece, "The Vice Magistrate has a handful of his daggers behind enemy lines." speaks a voice, facing this very window, rays reflecting from finely crafted glass surfaces from his visage. His hands were folded behind his back, behind a sheekly textured laboratory coat.

"The Vice Magistrate is a force to be reckoned with, my dear Izellis." replied a crystal mist of an exhale in parachute against the desk before the obsidian figure, "His word is as swift as that of the ninja from the old orient. Only the greatest of scouts can train those to walk in one's path. A breed of hunters."

"What are your thoughts of Wurfrost, of his defecting sneak. Of the meet held in your absence, when before, not a single word of complaint of concern was muttered by any breath similar to the scent of his own." the Baron would then turn his head to the side, in the direction of the grand table at room's end.

The demon would stand with three parchments in his hand, the rest shuffled upon surface of adorned desk. Harmonic greaves paced around the corners of the furniture, "Wurfrost is a businessman in the end. A delivery of what every politian graduates from before his or her voice in office. It is the diplomats, that at last word's utter, would never befell the hopes of their people. Though I must add, in betrayal he dealt it to Arelith, not I, for the betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope. And alas, my faith in everything still holds a beating heart in it's grasp."

The Empyreal motioned to the doorway, with Baron Izellis nodding and trailing soon behind, "In the hopes of the Vice Magistrate's spies, all they can do is undergo an arrest. But I on the other hand, wish for him to make a move. Because even if it fails, it will bury him in grounds worthy of a kill."

Izellis readjusted his glasses as they left the double doors and into the hallway, "My Lord, to kill is a bit neandrethal, do you not consider?"

Ruby red visage shook the obsidian hood side to side in disagreement, "There would adhere to the code of my people, a strict following of honor and loyalty, where were one to strive away from the wishes of their shogunate, their soul would be branded by the guillotine. And I intend for the rear of his neck, to be branded as well, in such a way."

Post  Domitrix on Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:55 pm

"I'd assume this would be private enough, Brother." curled lips would speak lowly as the darkened estelle of a hidden hope cloak gave frost to the sunlight from opposing wall's victorian. The sentinel did as always, two in, two out. Just by the door.

Onyx heeled greaves skid in turn as visage shot around the turning shoulder to catch glance at Arcane Lord, all before the stalking robes of fathomless oblivion found rest along the back of hellish brigandine and Empyreal's locked rubies, "You tell me, of an occurrence. Of a noise that I perhaps wished silenced... from the South." right gauntlet found rest, with the palm creating a waterfall of digits along the hilt of the chaotic Murasame at hip's fidelity, "What priority should this be given. Above the Mark Hunts?"

The edge of the obsidian hood danced before the demon's face before settling in the wait of offered reply to query, as did the rest of the robes behind him. They rest momentarily against the sides of warsealed platemail, snug in their graceful landing. The stern gaze given to the High Ranger was of a fulminant focus, with brows narrowed in preparation of spoken conflict.

Post  Premesi on Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:53 pm

*With a careful gait the Vice-Magistrate accompanied his sworn brother into the expanse that was the sanctum of the Shadows. he allowed his eyes only slight freedom to stray from the intense firebricks that peered back at him with waiting attention.* "As for priorities set, as much as I do believe our treacherous chancellor is a quickly growing threat, it is to my belief, given the information gathered however questionable, that we still have some time before Warfrost sets his gambit in motion. It would be more advantageous for the coming weeks or months to get our greens battle tested. The marks should take all precedence at this moment. The young ones will need the experience for what may lie ahead."

*Premesi walked to the demons flank and shared an opposite parallel so that he could speak more direct would that no other would hear. "That isn't what I came to discuss, however. At least not entirely..." *Burning sapphire rose to gaze upon the menacing statues of heroes long passed.* I felt it necessary to bring to you immediately the news that his poison tounge has swayed the thoughts of my spies. I did not foresee such a thing happening so I take full responsibility should they relay anything that proves detrimental to the Order."

Last edited by Premesi on Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post  Domitrix on Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:48 pm

The pair of brimstones lowered at the thought of latter sentence. Hellforged chestplate and pauldron alike lifted in the take of breath from the room. An exhale would be enveloped amidst a sheer coat of reflecting crystals that guided the mist in flight, as their concealing embrace blurred a darkening shimmer of embers were someone to glance at his demeanor from a lowered fix.

Maw snapped shut, followed by a brief blink in thought, "Brother. I must discuss your activation of this consent that we all underwent in our hatchling stages at the steps of Elixis. You remember it well, do you not." the left hand that remained occult from the movement of the other upon sword was idle at his side. Only until a slight raise fisted the digits of the fierce gauntlet.

"As a member of the Order's military movement, each subjugate, no matter which branch... Swore an oath to Arelith and its people." the four incisors weren't visible any longer, "You are aware that as unfortunate as it may have become, the spies that your unit once trained and instructed have defected the cause of the Order." a pause met as cinnabars closed.

"And defection means execution." strolled the words firmly, "Of people that you once fought alongside and shared memories with. The cost of their actions is accountable by the strip of their lives..."

Inside, it was a pain to be relived again, and again. On every mention of killing, and of every memory of those killed in the past. But on the exterior, the stoic hide remained.

Wurfrost was a different story in its own, but to turn the blade against one of your own. No just reason in the world could render the experience any less structuring around the heart.

"These men, swayed by words, have turned their backs against a nation." whispered seemingly indifferent lips.

"These men must die." firebricks opened again.

Post  Premesi on Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:36 am

*A dry silence befell the Arcane. Seconds felt more like minutes as he quietly absorbed the last statement of the Empyreal. 'These men must die!' A deep breath preceded Premesis reply.*

"Yes... Yes, these men MUST die. That task has been eased by the fact that one of those men made an attempt in my life and he was dispatched in a most complete way. Would you like me to silence them myself or shall I leave it to one of the lessor known marksmen to end this round of cloak and dagger?"

Post  Domitrix on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:02 am

Glimmering rubies shot over and across the Lord of Arcane's shoulder, to the two far off guardsmen, and then returning to the star-like sapphires of his Brother's own. All without a simple gesture in movement along the rest of his bodice.

"The soldiers of a once renown title and duty have even dared to strike bravery in a murder of yourself, their onced served commander." a blink would pave the way for the farmost corner of a brow to arch, "Then if in hand it has been one, it is safe to assume that the rest of the defected unit have made their minds up as well. For if any objections to such a ruse would deguise their ploy, and make them a threat in the hands of our beloved Chancellor. In which turn, he would have no choice but to execute them himself, seeming as how they are now under his inspiring custody."

The grace of but a moment was given in thought towards the final question, with decision made in wrap of the following statement,

"Although our Marksmen have strong wills, and presumably perfected technique, it would be an insult to the defectees, and to anyone whom hears of this response, to send someone of a lower rank to oblige in their elimination. And insults are messages traded between the squabbles of kings in competitions for power."

As if pretending to be speaking of the Marks, the Empyreal lifted a paper that one of the Sentinels carried in from the Serene Sunset visit, "To send the correct example, and rebuke any future treachery were any to arise, Odin forbid, then it will be a wiser move in this warfaring chess, to weed out these miscreant life forms yourself, dear Brother. And in mate, the accompanying of the Marksmen may aid, but the final blow will write the focus of our history. It must be dealt by your hand. And when the snow settles amongst this shady summit of events, the world will rejoice once more. With wine and bread at the tables of every household in Arelith, and Wurfrost's neck laying upon the guillotine. Behind the silence of the Keep of Drying Gallows."

Post  Premesi on Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:43 pm

*The Arcane finally turned to face the Grand-Magistrate and bowed his head in understanding. Fire rimmed sapphires rose in somber motion, wishing that this meeting would have been under more pleasant conditions. However, relations aside, Premesi knew what action must be taken but he felt the question needed to be offered.*

"I understand, my brother. The lessor two surviving men I have little to no relationship with. They are Phanos' personnel. Phanos, however, was closer to me than most. It is my duty to send him to meet the gods."

Post  Domitrix on Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:53 pm

"The question was birthed at no ill omen, Premesi." a softened grip of gauntlet lowered the altitude of the paper to the attraction of the distant audience, "To leave the Order is by all means, not an encouraged action, but a neutral decision with an eternity of hope to return. But to abide by the Celest, and once protect the people that one so dared to turn his back upon; Is not a stab at Arelith. It is the beheading of one's virtue and morality."

An opened palm pressed atop the fine leather pauldron from whom's texture rest ridden beneath the High Ranger's coat of arms, "I am a flexible man, or at least I'd enjoy thinking I was. As a soldier, one's eyes may fall witness to the erosion of the battlefield. Honor is spared into the rivers of scarce waters that deserts never taste. And as a soldier, adaptation is perhaps one of the most indisputable keys to survival. And to see people not take Oaths seriously any more is something that has come with the age. Both you and I know this. Both you and I have seen this over one hundred times fold for it to be news of interest from the town criers or heralds."

"However, in the epilogue of a soldier's mind, were he to fight forever and never attain the rest that the hardest line of career can offer, he or she may still be limited by the customs that they adhere to. And when they make a promise to the children that hope to be protected when they curl up in their beds at night. Safe. That alone goes far beyond anything consisting of the Order or Arelith. To prepare your mind to attack those same children, is a twist that the mind does to exile itself from the heavens."

"Alas, I don't mean to lecture, my wisdom is rather written and not spoken, by choice. But indeed, the misfortune is expressed with the judgement of not being able to further live."

Post  Premesi on Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:31 pm

*The first sign of the High Rangers true demeanor finally found its way into the room in the form of a light chuckle. He took a few strides away, increasing the distances between the two men and, in essence, lessening the tension surrounding them.*

"Please, you need not explain. Your words need no more apology than Odin's sacrifice on Yggdrasil. I understand perfectly what ramifications their actions bare."

*Premesis feet took him concentrically around the demon, reaching his other flank. With arm crossed, the Arcane looked up at one of the large statues in a quiet moment of reverence before finally turning his attention back to Domitrix.*

"I will see that they are dealt with promptly and discretely so that their loss will not spark an uprising with those regions that have swayed or are on the knife edge. Should I handle this alone or do you think I should take a marksman or two along for insurance? I believe it would be a good lesson in espionage and also it would be nice to spend time with the blades. But, alas, that action always carries its burdens and there is no guarantee that any would be up to such a task as to stealthfully dispose of some of the best spies in our realm."

Post  Domitrix on Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:15 pm

"There was an odd male during the visit to the Tavern a few moments ago." spoke the four finely sharpened incisors, "I recognized him due to his rather, undisclosed person." the demon about faced and reached for a rolled parchment from his desktop,

"The Sentinel speak of the soldiers. The words flow through these walls as if would the water from a tilted pitcher. Mmm, well at least the words of public affairs." he corrected, "They say his name is Evan, I do not know if it consists of any proof behind that rumor, but it is a start."

"He seemed an adept being. And has quite a history to unravel. A simple glance at his equipment and attire noted he may fare well in combat. I believe of you to entrust him to embark with you. This of course, is at the time where I head to the Phoenix Mark Hunt with Sakuraba. To distract any possible leaks of the matter and focus the momentum as it still is. In our possession."

An onyx gauntlet stretched out to hand Lord Premesi the piece. It wouldn't be necessarily to give him one in assumption of there not being any back at the Arcane. But it would distract nearby eyes towards the gesture and break the focus of any probable lip reading, "You are to make this imparchment. Write it out as you've done with the Gneuyet and Hostopek. Time is of haste. You move when the airships carry out my Marksman and myself to our location, right after the departure from the Sky Docks." the demon then nodded.

Post  Premesi on Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:29 pm

*The Arcane Lord accepted the parchment with no hesitation. He unrolled a quarter of the paper and examined the writings for a moment to get a firm grip on the mark. After reading for a short time, he rerolled the parchment and lightly beat it on his thigh.*

"It shall be done! I will draft it immediately when I return to the Arcane Hall."

*After such a resolute proclamation Premesi was struck with a quizzical expression as he thought of the pyres suggestion of companion.*

"This Evan... This is one of our Marksmen? I don't believe I have met this one. Though I have little doubt of his abilities if he has been suggested by the sentries, I wonder about his skill set. What is known about this man?" *He thought for a moment until a door opened within his mind and his eyes opened wide with recognition.* "Wait... He was the brave young green that assisted in the Gneuyet, correct? A fellow air-bender, if my memory serves me correctly. *Two polished razors flashed within a cunning grin.* "I shall look forward to such a meeting. I will prepare a small ship for us behind your fleet."

Post  Domitrix on Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:50 pm

"That is precisely the man. He was one of the volunteers for the joint forces at the Gneuyet. That is why there is word of him. Above the streets, in the corridors of our Magistrates, all rumors are good ones. Not the gossip that may play out in the streets. Up until Wurfrost, of course." a second nod followed the demon, "Evan is an Eidolon now. A ranked Marksman. Although I have yet to meet him, something tells me that he would do exceptionally well merging his skills with your own on a much quieter mission. One that lacks the concentration of full on frontline activity."

Domitrix then proceeded to the doorway, his bodice being that between the Arcane and the Sentinel. Turning about, a few more words were offered, "And well, is he to declines the idea, I am unfortunate in stating that mayhaps this will be a solo objective. Unless the Maelstrom or the Fathoms aid in."

"The best for now however, is to grant yourself a good nights rest. I must depart to speak with our dearest Ardyen before tomorrow comes. For if in haste we treat this situation, then in haste the airships will travel." a bow was added to the speech, "Until your imminent return, Lord Premesi."

Post  Premesi on Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:06 am

*Before following in the Grand Magistrates wake, the half-blood Arcane returned the sentiments with a bow of his own.*

"For the Order, My brother, and all its peoples." *His head lifted in resolution and a closed fist firmly came to rest upon his heart.* "I pray for full success on the mark and safe return. And I expect a good story when you arrive back at the Order!"

*With a final gesture Premesi loudly chuckled as his feet carried him towards the exit. Stopping just short of the doorway he offered one last statement before departure.* "Send my warmest thoughts along with you to Ardyen. Tell her I shall be stopping by sometime after our homecoming."

Post  Domitrix on Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:26 pm

Rubies gazed at the High Ranger as he spoke, only to offer the grace of an equalled bow in response to that of his own, "For the Order, dear brother, Under Star and Sky."

Whence he straightened his posture in following rise of person, fangs parted to add but a few phrases at most, "I will relay the message to our Ardyen. In most definite of promises. Tomorrow is going to be the day where we repair the balance of our nation. Instead of it being upon the very palms of our Marksmen. We move the knights, and now is time for the rooks, in this beautiful chess that we have lapsed the ages to witness."

With that being enough said, grip of onyx gauntlet digits embraced the doorway, supported of course by the other hands of the Sentinels, whom pressed against the massive frame of the entryway. Once pushed fairly ajar, the harmonic pace of matching heeled greaves painted art against the floor of the Magistrate, heading out upon balance of trek to discussed destination.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:50 pm