The Orders of Shadows

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Orders of Shadows

+4
Premesi
Evan
o0King0o
Admin
8 posters

Serene Sunset Tavern

Sakuraba Ryuichiro
    Sakuraba Ryuichiro

Serene Sunset Tavern - Page 2 Empty Re: Serene Sunset Tavern

Post  Sakuraba Ryuichiro Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:29 am

Crimson tones turned to blacks as night fell along the streets. Gentle clicks of polished shoes accompanied each stride of the Deathbringer, bringing him closer to the Serene Sunset Tavern.
    'Ah. A warm bath sounds really nice now,' he thought, his hands slipping into his pants pockets. Squeaks from the tavern's door hinges marked the raven's entry.
    "Oi. Okaeri, Saku-chan." Clearing the tables, Kazu acknowledged the return of Sakuraba, his head twisting to his left and sporting a boyish grin. "You're back late. Where have you been?" he spoke amusedly. The rag was dropped on the table he just cleaned, his right elbow leaning at a backrest of a plush seat. The tone did not sound prying, just asking.
    Sakuraba sighed and sat at his previous location at the bar counter. 'Seriously? He's not being on mother-hen-mode, is he?' A graceful turn later and the Deathbringer's back leaned on the polished wood. Sakuraba noticed the cloaked man beside him but decided to leave him be. He was enjoying his liquor and he would not spoil the other's tranquil moment. "I believe that I'm old enough not to disclose the places where I go to."
    A smirk and a whistle. "So, you're out to hit on the ladies?"
    Sakuraba buckled a bit. "O-of course not!" Faint pink stained the serious man's face, his facade still intact, yet his voice a little shaky. 'Tch. Now he thinks I'm a pervert, eh?'
    "So, it's hitting on the lads, then?" Kazu's eyebrows moved up and down, emphasizing his point.
    "...what?" Sakuraba whispered, eyes squinting dangerously. If Charon was around, he definitely would not hear the end of it. His Other always poked fun at him, no matter what the scenario is.
    Trays of used paraphernalia balanced flawlessly on the young tender's hands. "Defensive, na?" Chuckles reverberated in Kazu's chest, laughing still even when he walked towards the area to leave the soiled things for the dishwasher to handle.
    The raven fell silent and lit a cigarette. He turned, facing the seemingly endless racks of wine and liquor. "Hey, loosen up, will ya?" Kazu said, smiling brightly before sliding an ashtray for Sakuraba to use. "Your Mark Hunt will commence pretty soon. Tension is always bad. And for Kami-sama's sake, I'm just joking."
    "Ah. Forget it." The Deathbringer exhaled loudly, like an exaggerated sigh.
    "You're just out shopping." It was not a guess; actually, it was better perceived as a statement of fact.
    "Since when did you become all-knowing?" Sakuraba said flatly, not minding if it was true or the otherwise. All Marksmen have their own peculiarities.
    "Right on the money!" Kazu exclaimed. "You fancy guys then?" he asked rather excitedly, fetching a martini glass and his silver cocktail shaker.
    An irritated raven almost crushed his cigarette at Kazu's assumption - or conclusion, judging the way he put it. "No. Just out shopping."
    In a flash, the bartender was agitating the silver shaker and set the martini glass with a lone cherry in front of Sakuraba and poured a ruby-colored concoction.
    "Cosmopolitan. Sweet, yet dry. Enjoy." Kazu let his pearly whites show, fetching a paper towel to dry his hands from the chilled shaker's moisture. "It's sort of a peace offering," he started, scratching his head, eyebrows curving, making him look uneasy. "Maybe you're mad at me. It's been a long time since we've had a Nihon regular, so-"
    "What are you saying?" Sakuraba's exposed orb met Kazu's; his facial features soft, confusion apparent in his gaze. "That's not the Kazu I know." Hell would freeze over if he told him that there was nothing to apologize about.
    A sigh of relief left the younger's lips. "Well..." He paused, an awkward grin adorned his face before flashing a million megawatt smile. "I forgot."
    Sakuraba felt a sweat drop roll from his temple. "Uh-huh."
    Sakuraba Ryuichiro
    Sakuraba Ryuichiro

Post  Sakuraba Ryuichiro Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:34 am

"Table 4 needs to get cleared!" a gruff voice shouted from the pantry.
    "I'm on it!" Kazu replied, shuffling his hands under the bar counter to get some trays and a rag. "Be here in a jiffy!" Kazu told the stoic raven before darting to the said area to clean up.
    By the time he got back, the raven was licking his lips before getting the final sip and setting the glass on the counter. Sakuraba was holding another cigarette and sucking a drag.
    "That was nice," he remarked, still tasting the cherry and cranberry in his mouth. "How much was it again?"
    "I think I told ya what it is awhile ago. It's on me, obviously."
    "You must be spoiling me," Sakuraba stated as if it was nothing, although he sounded a little amused. "Ah. I better go. Mark Hunt's going to start tomorrow, perhaps. I'm off to the bath. Arigatou na, Kazu."
    "You're welcome. Rest well, Saku-chan," Kazu replied, hands ready to fix the area the raven will be leaving.
    Sakuraba picked up his lighter on a box of vanilla cigarettes lying on the counter and walked away, aiming for the stairs to his reserved room.

The crimson raven was almost out of the tender's sight when the latter noticed the pack of cigarettes still lying on the counter. Picking it up hastily, he shouted at the other man's direction. "Oi, Saku-chan! You..."
    Kazu's eyes followed a piece of paper that fell from the box. It was a simple note done with an almost illegible handwriting.

___
    Shou Kazu,

This one's for y

Yours.

Saku-chan
    ---

Kazu found out that the pack was still unopened. He fought the urge to laugh but failed miserably, getting a few confused stares from his colleagues and some customers. Opening the box and taking one, he lit it, then slipped the note together with the pack in the left chest pocket of his uniform.
    Resuming his duties, he left the burning vanilla stick hanging between his lips and retrieved the glass Sakuraba used. A knotted cherry stem was settled nicely at the bottom of the glass crystal. He could not help but raise his eyebrow and shake his head gently.
    "Maybe it's me who's getting spoiled," he muttered to himself. Kazu was a little taken aback when he realized that the raven was trying to address him by his nickname, not with his usual "shounen", even trying not to add any honorifics.
    After putting the glass in the sink under the counter, he raked his spiky locks in confusion. "I'm so screwed." Sighing softly to compose himself, he closed his eyes, hoping his nerves would calm down. Just then, another customer sat beside Sakuraba's usual spot. He raised his head, showing his customer-friendly face and greeted, "What can I mix for ya?"
    Mintaboo Estreal
    Mintaboo Estreal

Post  Mintaboo Estreal Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:30 am

Minutes drift to hours, and the hours begin to drift at a pace almost incalculable. Mintaboo had extended his stay in this facility almost a half a day now. The once welcome sunlight outside was now extinguished, and replaced with the cool night's unforgiving breeze. His bottle of brandy now only half full, or half empty, as the immortal would see it.

"I have been here so long, and learned nothing.", the thought entered his mind more than once.

All this talk of "marks", and other terms known by the taverns patriots was foreign to him. Why, they might as well have been speaking a different language, entirely. However, this would not hinder the course of a task to be carried out. A promise to a dear, departed friend.

The liquor engulfed by the shaman came as a contradiction. How he longed for it's numbing, mind altering effects. Anything to ease his mission along would be more than welcome.
    Maverick Stone
    Maverick Stone

Post  Maverick Stone Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:07 am

It would seem the lodgings of this tavern, more specifically the room marked "113", had seen some use within their oak walls. The long hours of two individuals spoke a tale one would not dare utter outside of them. However, if one would wish to inquire as to said deeds, look no further than to the lad adjusting the seam of his leggings for an obvious hint.

A remarkably strapping male, bearing skin of porcelain white, and flowing locks of streaming ebony. Emerald irises gleamed like gems in the dim lighting of the facility. Soft shimmers of a glaring variation in hues of illuminousity glisten from the sparced metallic platings of his leggings.

Slender, dainty digits wrap gently around the firm, masculin arm of the mysterious male. Their intentions made obvious by the young woman's lackadaisic posture upon the mattress.

"Maverick, please come lie with me. Just a bit longer.", she pleaded, quite pathetically.

The same emerald stones once focused upon the ediface, now fixated upon her posture. The expression light within his visage showed hints of disgust, and annoyance. An expression most unavoidable.

"I do apologise, but I have more important matters to concern myself with, than you.", he replied. His tone cold, yet bearing a sense of cozened sophistication.
    Sakuraba Ryuichiro
    Sakuraba Ryuichiro

Post  Sakuraba Ryuichiro Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:27 pm

"Ah. I shouldn't have scrubbed my back too much," the raven groaned as the towel hit his warm, slightly flushed skin. Baths were always his thing, but he tends on scouring his epidermis a little too much. "Charon was gentle when it comes to this." Come to think of it, his Other was out of commission for several hours now. Truly, the lack of the usual banter and illogical diversions could be pretty boring.

Slipping on a pair of black boxers and a plain white wifebeater, Sakuraba hissed at the stinging of his tender skin. Tuning out the slight discomfort, he then shimmied into his dress pants and button up shirt.

A glance at the clock on the dresser, the raven grimaced at its obnoxious hands. "Tch. Is it that late?" he muttered with a sigh. Just when he thought that he could have an eight-hour trip to the Limbo, it was not really reassuring to find out that he only had six hours. He could already hear Charon mothering him.

"You always, ALWAYS take a bath for Kami-sama knows how long! Tch. Then you're grumbling about not getting enough winks for the night. You're such a girl, Ryui-chan."

"Pfft. What's with 'Kami-sama'? As if he isn't a god like he was telling me long ago," he spoke to no one in particular, well... No one else was in his room aside from his, wasn't it?

Realizing that it's useless to talk to himself, the raven eyed the silver gun lying lazily on his bed together with his gakuran blazer. Without further ado, dainty fingers held it with care and aimed for his neck tattoo. Soon, a gunshot reverberated inside the room.

"Charon."

"Oi. Missed me?" the raven's Other spoke with a grin as he hovered over his pseudo-twin. "And hey!" Charon exclaimed before landing gently on the floor, stomped towards Sakuraba who was obviously not paying attention, just fumbling with the buttons of his shirt, and sported a very disappointed expression. "You didn't tell me that you'll be taking a bath! That's so uncool, Ryui-chan!" The bewildered oarsman of Styx jabbed an index finger at Sakuraba's chest. He almost looked like a kicked puppy.

"You're not my mother. Or boyfriend."

"Of course!" Charon flailed his hands crazily. "I can't possibly be Haha-ue. She's owns that spot and I'm so not taking that away from her," he mumbled with respect, looking rather formal for a few seconds. "But... Boyfriend? Hmmm..."

"Take your mind off the gutter, you pervert." Sakuraba, now fully dressed, started to muss his hair with the fluffy towel. As much as he wanted to use an Ignis spell to dry his hair, there was no way that he would be able to do that. Besides, his spellcasting capabilities were only available when Charon was around.
    Sakuraba Ryuichiro
    Sakuraba Ryuichiro

Post  Sakuraba Ryuichiro Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:06 am

"Charon, I don't have time for this."

"Maa, this will only take a few moments of your precious time, my Deathbringer," the slightly tanned pseudo-Sakuraba crooned, tying the crimson and raven locks comprising his Other's long ponytail. Deft fingers subtly gathered the strands and held it in place with a clear elastic band. The said Other almost said something, but due to the rather calm persistence of the Guide of the Departed, the cherry opted not to break the fragile peace enveloping them. Moments like these were golden - judging by the state of the locations they ran across prior to settling in the Order, it had been a while since they got a decent duration of togetherness.

"Certainly suits you well, na?" Charon said admiringly. He was always proud of his handiwork, whatever that was.

"..."

"Eh? Daydreaming again? Come on," the Guide sighed dramatically, crossing his arms while hovering over the silent cherry. "You got a Mark from Domitrix-san earlier. Quit moping."

"...is it fine if I say I feel tired?"

Charon floated lazily and seemed to ponder at his Host's words. "It's okay! All these running everywhere and chasing that idiot pinkhead can deal a huge number on ya. Say you're tired and fall asleep with my spell." A piercing glare hit the mythical one's back, causing him to sigh again. A gentle turn and the play of dim light let the man's features soften. The keeper of Styx spoke, "Joking aside, you need rest. You're not even eating properly. How can you keep up with the Order's lord? He must be expecting great things from you."

A soft, muffled landing betrayed the silence that hung after Charon's rare choice of words had been enunciated. "And besides, that idiot Tsubaki might be a sitting duck somewhere. I'll stick a complete conjuration of a
    Lux Hasta up his *** for giving you a hard time chasing him. Screw dramatic reunions."

"Sou desu ne?" the raven almost chuckled but he would never let his perverted pseudo-twin have the satisfaction that he definitely lifted his dark mood up. "I'm counting on you then." Judging the weather from the room's window, he stuck a cigarette between his lips and headed towards the balcony.

"Ne, Charon-" (Hey Charon-)

The more muscular one grinned at the now Nihon-speaking cherry. He could not help but become amused.

"Nani?" (What?)

A sliver of a smile adorned the Deathbringer's face, the tranquil moon accentuating the young man's pale skin.

"Yoru wa hobo shūryō shite imasu. Wareware wa yoake made odori dekimasu ka?" The dare slipped out of Sakuraba's lips, posing a threat to the more muscular male. (The night is almost at its end. Can we dance until dawn?)

A smirk was the acceptance of the challenge. "Sukaidokku no chikaku ni. Atsukau ni wa amarini mo atsui yo. Sore de ii?" (Near the Sky Docks. I'm too hot to handle. Is that OK?)

"Dake kuso basho ni mochiagemasu. Sonogo, watashi wa anata ni oshiri wo keri hajimemasu." (Just lift me to the f*cking location. I'll kick your *** then.)

"Hai, hai."

Charon felt proud at their banter, their bonds strengthening. He worked his magic, levitating his Host and headed to the Sky Docks.

"Nemuri wo hitsuyō to suru baai, watashi wa DORMIO wo go utsu zo." (If you need sleep, I'll shoot you with a Dormio spell.)

Training was set until dawn. Departure with Lord Domitrix was deemed inevitable. Time trickles as the Mark Hunt draws near.

"Ne, Charon-" (Hey Charon-)

"Nani?" (What?)

Restrained chuckles bubbled from the raven's throat. "Hontōni anata ga mahō de DORMIO wo motte iru to wa omowanai. Anata dake no reberuappu watashi wa shirazu ni ka?" (I really don't think you even have Dormio in your grimoire. Did you just level-up without me knowing?)

Their flight was hit by a slight turbulence; the idea of being regal was thrown off the imaginary palace windows. Charon surely sweatdropped at his Other's humor, causing him to buckle and taint their trajectory with a touch of inelegance.

"...eh?"
    Maverick Stone
    Maverick Stone

Post  Maverick Stone Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:30 pm

Vaguely a figure came into view from the top of the stairwell. Flowing locks of ebony swiftly swept from slender digits upon the lad's back. Accents of a rather chiseled frame imprinted from within the strange, abysmal, leather-like armor addorned by his mold. A rather lengthy broad sword, almost charcoal in color, made of a peculiar, ceramic-type material.

From down the hallway came a rather angered, feminine voice. "You think you're so special! Don't you, Maverick?!", the young woman furiously shouted.

A smug smirk plastered upon the smooth, silky face of the demigod. He had completely ignored the squabble he was nearly engaged with, as he had spotted a man seated at the bar. The same, blind immortal whom had been seated, sipping brandy for hours now.

It became obvious the two were acquainted when Maverick had seated beside him. Iron tips of a steely gauntlet rested upon the wooden surface before him, as he turned to face his accompany.

"I once heard that blind men were exceptional trackers of time. Perhaps my sources are unreliable.", the statement follows with a sarcastic smirk.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 12:53 pm